A stunning 20 minute dessert of silky white chocolate mousse and a layer of decadent Baileys jelly topped with fresh fruit for a special adult treat.
- 200ml thickened cream
- 100g white chocolate
- 2 egg whites
- 120 ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh raspberries, to serve
- Pour 50ml of the cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan on low heat. When the cream starts bubbling around the edges, add the chocolate. Stir gently and continue cooking for a minute. Remove from heat and stir until all the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
- Pour remaining cream in a clean bowl. Using an electric beater, whisk the cream for 3-4 minutes until it is thick and glossy.
- Place egg whites in a clean, dry bowl. Using an electric beater, whisk the egg whites for 3-4 minutes until they are thick, white, glossy and form stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped cream and egg whites to the white chocolate mix. Fold gently using a metal spoon until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Pour mousse into four 200ml capacity glass tumblers. Chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Mix cornflour in water with a spoon in a small bowl until smooth. Pour Baileys Original Irish cream, maple syrup and cornflour mix in a small heavy bottomed saucepan. Mix well. Heat gently on low heat for a minute or two , stirring constantly with a whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour Baileys jelly mix equally over the mousse in the four glasses. Chill in the refrigerator for another half an hour. Serve chilled garnished with fresh raspberries.