- 2 cups (500ml) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120g) golden caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) warm water
- 3 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) Baileys Chocolat Luxe
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- sea salt flakes, to garnish
- Place cream, vanilla and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir constantly and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour warm water in a little bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water and mix once. Set aside for a couple of minutes until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add gelatin mix to the cream mixture. Stir well. Strain into a large, clean saucepan and place it on the hob on low heat. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat..
- Add Baileys Chocolat Luxe and buttermilk. Mix thoroughly. Pour equally into six greased, fluted 150ml capacity pie tins. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- To un mould, dip the bottom of the pie tins in warm water and loosen the edges of the panna cotta with a butter knife. Invert pie tins over serving plate and tap gently until panna cotta drops onto the plate. Serve chilled, sprinkled with sea salt flakes.
Panna cotta can be poured in glass jars for easy setting and serving.
4 Hours is Chilling Time and not Cooking Time.