A healthy, moist banana bread baked with an abundance of coconut milk is a perfect start to a busy day.
- 185ml full cream coconut milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease with cooking spray and line with baking paper, a 20cm x 10cm loaf pan.
- Whisk coconut milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt and honey in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and combined. Stir through the banana, oat and flour until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with raw sugar. Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour until well risen, golden on top and cooked through.
- Serve warm or cold. Best toasted with butter. Freezes well.