An almost raw warming salad made with cauliflower rice, seasonal veggies and an abundance of spices. Great hot or cold and perfect for work lunch boxes or lazy brunches.
- 1 medium sized whole cauliflower (approx. 1kg), trimmed, florets cut and processed to coarse crumbs in food processor
- 2 tablespoons ghee (sub coconut oil or nut oil for vegan)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 100g green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- juice of 1 lemon
- sliced red chilli, to serve
- handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat ghee in a large sauté pan on medium. Add raisins, cashew nuts, cinnamon, bay leaf and garlic. Sauté for a minute, tossing constantly until cashew nuts start turning golden. Add the vegetables and spices.
- Sauté for a two minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Cook for a few minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add the crumbed cauliflower and mix well. Continue cooking on low heat for 5-8 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with sliced chilli and chopped herbs.