- 1 head of cauliflower (1.5kg)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the olive and caper salsa
- 60g pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 160C. Drizzle a large metal baking tray with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the cauliflower on a chopping board, resting on the stalk. Holding the head gently, slice the cauliflower into 5-6 thick slices (each about 1 inch wide).
- Place the cauliflower slices gently on the prepared tray. Drizzle the top with remaining olive oil.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 200C (if your oven has a grill setting, turn it on). Roast for a further 15-20 minutes at this higher temperature till the cauliflower is starting to char and brown nicely. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place all ingredients for the salsa in a small glass jar. Mix well.
- Spoon prepared salsa over the cauliflower steaks. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt flakes, freshly ground black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.