A simple, flavourful, light pasta meal for any time of the year. Fresh cooked crab, garlic, chilli and juicy tomatoes with the zinging acidity of lemons makes this a delicious recipe for the whole family!
- 300g dry linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine
- 450g fresh crab meat
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Freshly crushed black pepper
- ½ cup packed, chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Lemon wedges, red chilli slices, extra virgin olive oil – to serve
- Cook linguini in rapidly boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain all but half a cup of water. Let the linguini sit in that water until ready to add to the dish.
- Heat oil in a large, shallow chef’s pan on medium-high. Add garlic and chilli flakes. Sauté for a few seconds until garlic starts browning. Add tomatoes and mix well. Increase heat to high and cook for a couple of minutes until tomatoes have softened and the mixture is starting to dry out and caramelize. Add white wine and deglaze the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Drain and add the linguini to the pan. Add crab meat, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes until piping hot.
- Garnish with red chilli slices, drizzle extra virgin olive oil and serve hot with a lemon wedge on the side.