- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (I use decaf)
- 4 eggs
- 120g rapadura (or coconut) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 50g hazelnut meal
- pinch of salt
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut milk
- extra cacao powder, for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 190C (convection). Grease and line a square brownie pan with baking paper.
- Mix dark chocolate and coffee in a small saucepan. Place over a large saucepan halfway filled with water and melt chocolate on medium heat, stirring constantly until glossy and smooth. Cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add cacao powder, hazelnut meal, salt and cooled chocolate. Beat briefly until well combined.
- Peel avocados and remove the seeds. Place avocados and coconut milk in the jug of a blender and process until smooth.
- Scoop chocolate batter and avocado mix in a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes until just done. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Do not over bake or the brownie will dry out. Serve with a dusting of cacao powder.