A delicious warming meal of perfectly roasted sweet potato, golden chunks of halloumi and smoky toasted almonds stirred through fresh silky pasta for a great wholesome and nourishing meal. Ready in just half an hour for a quick family dinner.
for the sweet potato topping
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (70g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 180g halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
for the pasta
- 400g fresh pappardelle pasta (or 220g dried pasta of choice)
- 200ml fresh cream
- zest of 1 small lemon
- microherbs, to serve
- sea salt flakes and black pepper, for seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 240C conventional (220C fan-forced). Line a shallow rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
- Place sweet potato, olive oil, chilli, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Spread on the prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from oven. Add almonds and halloumi. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, cook the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid and drain the rest.
- Return pasta and liquid to the pan on low heat. Add the cream. Mix to coat the pasta thoroughly with the cream. Cook for a couple of minutes until heated through. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Remove from heat and top with the roasted sweet potato and halloumi mix. Scatter with lemon zest and micro herbs. Serve