For the Cauliflower
- 400g cauliflower florets (1 small cauliflower)
- ¼ cup (35) plain or gluten free flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
For the Sour Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 cup (110g) raw cashew nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- lemon wedges, chopped chives, crushed peanuts, salad greens
To Prepare Cauliflower
- Place all ingredients for cauliflower in a large bowl and mix well. Make sure the marinade gets into every bit of the cauliflower florets.
- Place marinated cauliflower in the netted tray of the Philips Airfryer.
- Turn the temperature on to 180C, choose the manual setting and set timer at 20 minutes. Press the quick start button. When done, remove cauliflower carefully onto a serving plate or tray.
- Garnish with chopped chives. Serve with lemon wedges, crushed peanuts, sour cashew cream sauce and greens.
To Prepare Sour Cream Cashew Sauce
- Soak cashew nuts in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water.
- Place soaked cashew nuts and all other ingredients for the sauce in a jug of a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Make sure the cauliflower florets are not too small otherwise they will burn. Each floret should roughly be the size of a small chicken drumstick (about 4-5 cms wide at the head). This will ensure a juicy cauliflower experience.