- 1 cup (140g) raw cashew nuts
- 4 large or 8 small pitted dates
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Place cashew nuts and dates in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Rest for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add the soaked cashew nuts and dates to the jug of a blender. Add salt and 1 litre cold water.
- Process for a couple of minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Strain the cashew milk through a nut milk bag or very fine sieve into a large bowl.
- Pour into a 1.5 litre glass jar. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Skip the dates if want an unsweetened version. Although, the dates only give a touch of sweetness.