A stunning-to-look-at centrepiece of your Christmas gathering, this fruit punch is so simple to make. With all the red and green colours of Christmas sparkling amidst ice cubes, the Festive Fruit Punch is one refreshing and delicious concoction of apples, lychees and strawberries.
- 6 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 350g punnet fresh strawberries, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cans (560g each) lychees in juice
- 1 bottle (750ml) white sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 liter lemonade, chilled
- handful of fresh mint leaves to serve
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place caster sugar in a large 20-cup capacity glass jar/bottle.
- Top with apple slices, strawberries and lychees with juice. Pour wine and lemonade on top of the fruit and mix once gently using a long wooden spoon taking care to not disturb the fruit much.
- Top with ice cubes and fresh mint leaves.
Use a big vintage cookie jar for your punch. It can be easily sourced from op shops or homeware stores.
Serve punch with a big ladle or several small ladles and an eclectic mix of glasses.
Jazz up your punch serving area with fairy lights for an instant festive look.