- 1 generous pinch seas salt flakes (or pink Himalayan salt)
- juice of 1 lime
- 70ml freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (half a large grapefruit)
- 100ml (4 shots) tequila
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 thin grapefruit wedges, to serve
- ice cubes, to serve
- Place all ingredients (except wedges) in a cocktail shaker along with 6-7 ice cubes and shake in quick, short blasts.
- Strain and pour in two 300ml small highball glasses filled with 5-6 ice cubes each. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge and serve immediately.
This is meant to be a long drink (to be sipped over the better part of an hour) so quick shake is essential to not diluting the drink.
As an option, the drink may additionally be topped with carbonated water.