A sensational no-churn, 6-ingredient ice cream based on the famous boozy Italian dessert – Tiramisu. But with a gingerbread twist! With only 15-20 minutes of prep time and a really short freezing time of 1 hour, this Tiramisu ice cream is the perfect choice for parties and big family entertaining nights as it can be served in a million ways – scooped as ice cream, set as mousse in jars, frozen scooped and coated in melted chocolate for truffles.
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 200g pouring cream
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40ml Nespresso Variations Ciocco Ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons marsala
- 4 savoiardi biscuits (Italian sponge biscuits)
- gingerbread men, to serve
- Place mascarpone, cream, vanilla and sugar in a metal bowl. Beat using an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Place coffee, ginger and marsala in a small bowl. Break each savoiardi biscuit into 4 pieces and add to the coffee mixture. Mix gently and quickly remove into the mascarpone bowl. Mix gently until just combined.
- Add biscuit mix to the whipped cream and mix well. Cover with a cling wrap and freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight. Alternatively, scoop ice cream mix into a air tight container and freeze for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with gingerbread men.
The new limited edition Ciocco Ginger capsule by Nespresso has a distinct ginger spice note, instantly elevating this ice cream to festive status.
If you don’t have a Nespresso machine, you can mix 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee in 4 tablespoons hot water and use that instead. Remember to add a light sprinkling of ground ginger.
Because of the biscuit content in the ice cream, this is more like a firm frozen dessert. So if making in advance and storing in the freezer, make sure you get it out at least 30-60 minutes before serving so it softens up nicely.