This delightful chocolate mousse infused with Amaretti flavoured coffee is ready in less than 20 minutes. It is sensational warm, gooey and soft and even better when chilled for an hour and topped with fresh raspberries or cherries!
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1/3 cup (60g) golden caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened or pure cream
- 40ml Nespresso Variations Vanilla Amaretti
- fresh raspberries, to serve
- icing sugar, to serve
- Place chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl and melt on half power for about 3-4 minutes. Remove and stir with a silicone spoon until glossy and smooth.
- Place egg yolks, sugar, cream and coffee in a medium heavy bottomed saucepan. Whisk with an electric beater until smooth. Heat on low for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly until sugar has melted and the mixture starts to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place egg whites in a dry, clean metal bowl. Beat with electric beaters until pale, fluffy and forming stiff peaks.
- Pour egg custard into the melted chocolate and mix with a silicone spoon until glossy and smooth. Fold the egg white slowly into the chocolate mixture. Mix gently until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Scoop mousse into four, 125ml capacity jars/glasses. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Top with fresh raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar before serving.
If you don’t have a Nespresso machine, you can mix 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee in 4 tablespoons hot water and use that instead.