The trick to making a mug of hug-your-insides thick hot chocolate is a bit of cornflour. In this revamped superfoods version of hot chocolate, things get really delicious with cacao and cardamom flavoured coffee. Mmm Yum!
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) cacao
- 1/4 cup (30g) raw sugar
- 40ml Nespresso Variations Vanilla Cardamom
- 1 green cardamom pod, bruised
- 2 tablespoon cornflour mixed in 1 tablespoon hot water
- marshmallows, to serve
- extra cacao, to dust
- Place milk, cacao, sugar, coffee, cardamom and cornflour mix in a heavy bottomed saucepan on low-medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Discard the cardamom pod.
- Pour equally in 4 mugs. Top with marshmallows and dust with caco.
If you don’t have a Nespresso machine, you can mix 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee in 4 tablespoons hot water and use that instead.