- 1 ½ cups (50g) baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt
- 1/3 cup sparkling water
- 2 cups (280g) spelt flour
- Extra spelt flour, for dusting
- Place spinach, garlic, salt, olive oil, coconut yoghurt and sparkling water in the jug of a blender. Process until smooth.
- Place spelt flour in a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the spinach mix in the well. Using a wooden spoon, mix into a rough dough.
- Dust a clean working surface with spelt flour. Place the dough on the flour and knead it until smooth. Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion in a round shape. Flatten it with the palm of your hand and dust both sides with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 6-inch round shape. Repeat with the remaining dough portions.
- Heat a frying pan on medium. Place the rolled flatbread on the frying pan and fry each side for approximately 2-3 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Place cooked spinach flatbreads in a tea towel and fold the edges to cover the flatbreads and keep them warm.
- To serve, slather spinach flatbreads with coconut yoghurt and top with pickled beetroot, quinoa, black beans, salad leaves and hot sauce.
You can substitute spelt with wholemeal/whole wheat/plain flour.