- 6 tablespoons Nespresso coffee grounds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- grated zest of 1 orange
- Make – Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. The mixture will resemble mud. Scoop the face polish in a clean glass jar (150ml) and secure the lid. The face polish will keep well in a cool corner of your bathroom for a couple of months. Alternatively, store in the fridge.
- Use – Take a tablespoon of the polish in the palm of your hand. Gently apply to damp face, rubbing in a gentle circular motion from your neck and chin up to the forehead. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with first warm and then cool water. Pat dry. Repeat once a week for a soft, glowing skin.
- Health Benefits – Both coffee and cacao have antioxidants that help fight signs of ageing. Coffee has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe skin inflammation, reducing rosacea, dark circles under the eyes and signs of UV damage. Cacao contains omega 6 fatty acids that help heal wounds and lighten scars, maintain the elasticity of skin by providing hydration and increased blood flow. Macadamia oil is the closest match to the naturally occurring sebum in our skin, it repairs the skin cells and moisturises skin without causing breakouts. The orange tightens the skin and refreshes it.