- 1 cup Nespresso Coffee grounds
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Make – To make the body scrub, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Make sure that the coconut oil is not in liquid form, but rather a softer solid state. If your coconut oil is rock hard, warm it up gently and then allow to cool till it starts becoming solid again. It should have the consistency of room temperature butter. Gently rub the coconut oil into the other ingredients with your fingertips to form a dry-ish paste. Scoop in a lidded glass jar (300ml) and store in a cool corner of your bathroom for a couple of months.
- Use – Take a big scoop of the scrub in the palm of your hand. Gently apply to damp body, rubbing in a gentle circular motion from your feet up to your neck. Rinse off in the shower. Pat dry. Repeat once a week for a soft, glowing skin. Make sure you run hot water down the drain of the shower after you have finished to ensure that the coffee and coconut oil doesn’t clog up your drain.
- Health Benefits – Coffee tightens the skin and reduces cellulite with repeated use. It improves blood circulation. Coconut sugar acts as a gentle natural exfoliant, making the skin softer by removing the dead cells. Bot coconut oil and cinnamon have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. They help clear acne. Coconut oil helps soften and hydrate skin. Cinnamon helps lighten blemishes and alleviate fine lines.