- 500ml Barker’s Lemon With Lime Cucumber & Mint Cordial
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 cucumbers, seeds removed and finely diced
- 12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise (about 2 pods)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Mix Barker’s Lemon With Lime Cucumber & Mint Cordial with the water. Pour in a 23cm shallow pie tin and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and using a fork, scrape the frozen mixture around the edges. Return to the freezer for another 2-3 hours. Once again bring the granita mixture out of the freezer and scrape it with a fork. Continue this process over the next day, freezing the mixture every couple of hours and then scraping with a fork and returning to freezer until it is all scraped out. Cover with cling film and store in freezer until ready to use.
- Place cucumber, mint, star anise, lime juice, rose water, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Mix to combine well.
- To serve, scoop a generous tablespoon of the cucumber salsa in little shot glasses. Top two tablespoons of scraped granita. Garnish with micro herbs. Enjoy immediately.