A more-ish bread for afternoon tea bulked up with almond meal and shredded coconut. Not very sweet with a delightful berry and basil combination, this bread is best toasted and served with butter.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries/berries
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- extra raw sugar for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease and line an 8 X 5 inch loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place coconut, almond meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add coconut milk, egg and vanilla. Stir gently with a wooden spoon until completely combined. Stir through raspberries and basil. Spoon batter into the prepared tin. Sprinkle with extra raw sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45 to 55 minutes until cooked through. Switch off the oven and let the bread sit in the hot oven for another 5 minutes before removing and cooling in the tin completely.