- 450g frozen or fresh mango flesh
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup (250g) unsweetened natural/Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup (250ml) chilled water
- ½ cup (125ml) light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon coconut sugar/rapadura sugar/maple syrup
- 1 or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of saffron
- 12 tablespoons chia seeds
- Blend mango, cardamom, yoghurt, water, coconut milk, sugar and lemon juice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mango lassi in a large 2-litre capacity lidded glass container. Add 12 tablespoons of chia seeds (For every cup of the mango lassi, you will need to add 3 tablespoons chia seeds). Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3-5 hours until set.
Ratio for chia pudding is (1 cup) 250ml liquid – 3 tablespoons chia seeds. This recipe produces (4 cups) 1-litre liquid, therefore needs 12 tablespoons chia seed.
Makes 4 cups mango lassi and 8 single serves of 125g each chia pudding.
Make It Vegan – Switch regular yoghurt for coconut yoghurt.
You could add a few strands of saffron to the base when blending for an extra boost of flavour.