- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup frozen green peas
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup (60ml) sparkling water
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes, tossing constantly until the onion starts caramelizing.
- Add the green peas and chilli. Sauté for a minute or two until peas are glazed. Reduce heat to low.
- Crack eggs in a medium bowl. Add turmeric, garam masala and salt. Whisk with a balloon whisk until pale and creamy.
- Add sparkling water to the egg mixture and whisk gently for a few seconds.
- Add the egg mixture to the onion mixture in the pan. Using a wooden spatula, draw the egg from the edges to the centre of the pan in a cutting motion. Cook for a minute or two until eggs are just cooked and still wobbly.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with crusty bread.