- 130g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a bunt pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth and mixed for about 5 to 6 minutes. Pour batter in the prepared bundt pan. Bake for approximately 40 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven.
- Wait a couple of minutes, whack the pan on all sides and knock it hard on the countertop to loosen the cake. Turn it over onto a plate to dislodge the cake from the pan. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
I like to use the German-made thick aluminium bunt pans (white metal). I find cakes never stick in white metal and brown more evenly and not too much.