adapted from Green Kitchen Travels by David Frenkiel & Luise Vindahl
tested – 3 times
For The Noodles
- 1 daikon radish
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 cups (300g) bean sprouts
- 250g snow peas, sliced lengthways
- 300g firm tofu, sliced in rectangles
- 3 spring onions, chopped (green only)
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 15–16 Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped
For The Peanut Sauce Dressing
- 1/4 cup (60g) smooth or chunky peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or light soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- lemon wedges, sesame seeds, extra chilli flakes, Thai basil and coriander leaves.
- Wash and peel the daikon and carrots. Spiralize them using a spiralizer or julienne them using a julienne peeler. Alternatively if you don’t have either gadget, use a potato peeler to shave thin strips off the daikon and carrots. Place vegetable noodles in a large bowl.
- Add bean sprouts, snow peas, tofu, spring onion, coriander and Thai basil. Toss gently with your hands.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a glass bottle. Pop the lid on and shake until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the noodle mixture in the bowl. Mix using your hands while ensuring that everything gets coated evenly with the dressing.
- Divide equally in 4 or 6 bowls. Top with sesame seeds, chilli flakes, herbs and serve with a lemon wedge.
The veggie noodle, tofu and herb mix can be prepped and stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The dressing can be prepped and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.