- 1 1/2 cups (200g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- a handful of rolled oats
- cinnamon sugar or raw sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 190C (convection)/ 170C (fan-forced). Grease and line a 22cm X 9cm (base measurement) loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add spelt flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mixed spice to a large bowl. Toss to mix.
- Place coconut yoghurt, water, olive oil, maple syrup and egg in a medium bowl. Whisk lightly until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Add the mashed banana. Mix gently with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon batter into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Scatter oats and raw sugar/cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 40 minutes until golden and crusty and cooked through the middle. Turn oven off. Leave in the hot oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely or enjoy warm.
- Great when toasted. Can be sliced and individual slices can be wrapped in baking paper and stored in small ziplock bags in the freezer for a fast to-go breakfast.