- Zest and juice of half an orange
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 350g boneless Barramundi fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ red onion (35g), finely diced
- 1 small red pepper (35g), finely diced
- 1 small cucumber (120g), deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, deseeded and cubed
- 1 green cayenne or jalapeno chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (300g) papaya, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped (green only)
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint and micro herbs, to garnish
- Corn Chips, to serve
To prepare the ceviche dressing – Place orange zest, orange juice, chilli flakes, salt and olive oil in a small lidded jar. Shake well.
Place the fish in a non-reactive (ceramic or glass) bowl. Pour the dressing over the fish. Mix well and spread to ensure that the fish is completely covered by the dressing. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes (or 1 hour if you want your fish to be cooked further in the dressing).
Remove the bowl from the fridge. Add the onion, pepper, cucumber, avocado, cayenne/jalapeno, papaya and coriander to the bowl. Mix well. Cover and chill for another 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning (salt and pepper) to taste.
Garnish with mint and micro herbs. Serve in a large bowl for sharing or single-serve glass cups with a side of corn chips.