- the pulp of 6 medium-large passion fruit
- juice of 1 lime
- 110ml Tequila
- 40 ml Aperol
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup/sugar syrup
- salt for rim
- ice and lime wedges to serve
- Fill a cocktail shaker with 1/2 cup ice cubes. Pour over passion fruit pulp, lime juice, Tequila, Aperol and maple syrup.
- Cover and shake for at least 30 seconds until the cocktail is well combined and chilled.
- Place crushed sea salt flakes in a medium shallow dish. Wet the rim of two 345ml capacity glass tumblers with lime juice (I run a squeezed lime wedge over the rim). Place the tumbler, mouth down in the salt dish and roll the rim in salt.
- Fill each tumbler with a few ice cubes.
- Strain and pour the cocktail equally over the ice cubes in the tumblers.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve immediately.
I like to add some passion fruit seeds to the cocktail just before serving rather than strain them all out. They look pretty.