- 350ml fresh pineapple flesh and juice
- 120g pitted lychees
- 60ml sugar syrup or canned lychee syrup
- juice of 2 limes
- 80ml rum (optional)
- pinch of salt
- SodaStream sparkling water
- Lychees, pineapple cubes, mint and ice to serve
- To make a pineapple jug, cut the top off a medium pineapple. Using a metal serving spoon, hollow out the pineapple reserving the flesh and juice. You might need to cut the core with a sharp paring knife to remove it.
- Place pineapple, lychees, lime juice, sugar syrup and rum (if using) in the jug of a blender and process until smooth. Strain the mixture into a jug.
- Fill two hollowed out pineapple with half of the pineapple mixture each. Add half a cup of ice to each pineapple. Top the rest with the SodaStream sparkling water. Garnish skewers with lychees and pineapple cubes. Top with fresh mint and a sprinkling of salt. Enjoy chilled by the pool or under the shade of a tree.
- Alternatively, serve in two mason jars.