- 200g fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup (70g) raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 300ml chilled sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons pouring cream
- whipped cream, fairy floss, fresh raspberries – to serve
- Place raspberries, sugar and vanilla in a small heavy bottomed saucepan. Heat on medium-low and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.
- Add bicarbonate of soda and mix well. Allow to cool slightly. Strain into a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, divide raspberry cordial equally between two 400ml capacity hurricane glasses (about 3 tablespoons cordial per glass). Top each glass with chilled sparkling water until 2/3rds full.
- Spoon a tablespoon of cream in each glass. Top with whipped cream, fairy floss and raspberries. Serve immediately.