- 18 pitted dates, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cups toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder/extract
- 180g vegan chocolate, melted
- Place dates, almond butter, peanut butter, coconut, toasted peanuts, toasted almonds, almond meal, flax meal and vanilla in a medium bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Grease and line a 20cm X 10cm base measurement loaf tin with baking paper, ensuring that it hangs over the longer edges.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared tin and spread it evenly with a metal spoon. Smooth the top.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the nut bar batter. Smooth the top.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before slicing into thin bars. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a month. Bars can be individually wrapped in baking paper, stored in airtight containers and frozen in the freezer for up to three months.