Delicious garlic and miso infused candied roasted carrots that are ready in under 30 minutes and great for snacking or adding to everything! Crowd Pleasing recipe!
- 1kg carrots, washed peeled and cut into thirds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon seas salt flakes (or as per taste)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon white and black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 220C (convection)/ 200C (fan-forced).
- Heat oil in a large oven safe pan on medium. Add garlic, miso paste and maple syrup. Sauté for a few seconds until garlic starts caramelizing.
- Add carrots, salt and pepper. Toss and mix well to coat carrots evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until carrots are tender and starting to turn golden. Remove foil and bake for a further 5 minutes until carrots start caramelizing.
- Remove from oven. Add herbs and sesame seeds. Mix and serve.