A stunning chilled breakfast made healthy with stone fruit, coconut water, crunchy nuts and heaps of gorgeous spices. The best Bircher Muesli ever!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup wheatgerm
- ½ cup shredded or flaked coconut
- ½ cup almond flakes
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 blood orange/ orange
overnight Bircher muesli
- 2 cups muesli mix (see above)
- 1 cup diced mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fresh fruit to serve
- Place oats, wheat germ, coconut flakes, almond flakes, sultanas, pepitas, spices, salt and zest in a large bowl. Toss to combine thoroughly. Store this muesli mix in an airtight container in a cool part of your pantry for up to 2 weeks.
- To make the overnight soaked Bircher Muesli combine 2 cups of the muesli mix, mango, yoghurt, coconut water, apple juice and honey in a large bowl. Mix well to combine evenly. Cover and soak in the fridge overnight. Enjoy chilled with fresh seasonal fruit and extra yoghurt.