- 90ml (3 ounces) Ketel One Citroen Vodka
- 180ml (6 ounces) green Bloody Mary mix
- celery salt
- 2 olives, to serve
- 2 gherkins, to serve
- 2 jalapenos, to serve
- 2 cocktail tomatoes, to serve
- crushed ice, to serve
For the green Bloody Mary mix
- 4–5 medium green tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 large celery stalk with leaves
- 1 green apple, cored
- 1inch piece of fresh turmeric
- 1 jalapeno chili, deseeded
- 1 lemon, peeled, pith and seeds removed
- 1 lime, peeled, pith and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon green Tabasco sauce/hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
For the celery salt
- 7–8 celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes, crushed
To make the green Bloody Mary Mix
- Place all ingredients in the jug of a blender and blend until fine and smooth. Strain the green mix in to a jug. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the celery salt
- Wash and pat dry the celery leaves. Place them on a paper towel on a flat plate. Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time, checking to see that the leaves don’t burn. After 3-4 bursts of 30 seconds in the microwave, the leaves will be dry and papery.
- Crush the dried celery leaves onto a flat, shallow rimmed plate. Add salt and toss to mix well.
To assemble the Bloody Mary
- Prepare serving glasses by wetting the rim of two tall 300ml highball or long drink glasses. Dip the rim of each glass in the celery salt. Add a big scoop of crushed ice to each glass.
- Pour vodka and green Bloody Mary mix in a cocktail shaker. Add a small scoop of crushed ice. Shake.
- Pour Bloody Mary over the ice in the salt rimmed glasses.
- Skewer an olive, gherkin, jalapeno and tomato on a cocktail skewer and perch on top of the Bloody Mary. Serve.