What do you do with supermarket roast chicken? Why, turn it into delicious smokey noodles with plenty of crunchy vegetables, of course! Speedy dinner in under 20 minutes.
- 4 packets instant noodles (400g), cooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- salt to taste
- a dash of white pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced spring onions
- To cook the noodles, bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the packet noodles and cook for 2-4 minutes until just tender and softened. Remove from heat and drain the hot water. Rinse the cooked noodles in cold water several times to stop the cooking process. Drain all water and lightly toss with a drizzle of peanut oil. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok on high. Add carrot, onion and capsicum. Sauté for a couple of minutes until vegetables are glazed. Add the roast chicken, cabbage, vinegar, hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Add the cooked noodles and toss gently to coat the noodles with the sauce evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onions.
Use can substitute roast chicken with lightly microwaved prawns or cooked and flavoured hard tofu for a great variation.