- 3 tablespoons (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1 inch piece fresh turmeric, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Heat two tablespoons olive oil in a medium frying pan on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until glazed.
- Add turmeric and garlic. Sauté for a minute.
- Add coriander, salt, thyme, peppercorns, bay leaves and remaining olive oil. Cook for a minute.
- Add vinegar and cook for another minute until warmed through.
- Remove from heat and spoon into a 350ml capacity glass jar. Cover the lid and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Serve with sourdough, your favourite cheese and herbs. Or top on everything from rice to salads and sandwiches.
It is important to use the freshest mushrooms. Look for plump, firm, bright white ones without any blemishes.