The classic tabouli gets a raw makeover with a fresh head and stalk of broccoli processed into crumbs to form the bulk and base of this gorgeous super healthy salad. Some black quinoa and pomegranate seeds add texture and pockets of flavour hit.
- 300g raw broccoli (1 broccoli head + stalk)
- 1 large bunch (100g) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large bunch (100g) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked black quinoa
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and diced
- juice of 2 small lemons
- handful of pepitas
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt + black pepper to taste
- Process whole broccoli (head and stalk) to coarse crumbs in a food processor. Add herbs and process for a few seconds until chopped fine. Place in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the broccoli.
- Mix well until thoroughly combined.