- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups (500ml) almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2–4 pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the jug of a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 X 325ml lidded glass jars. Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you can’t find maca powder, just skip it. You could alternatively supplement it with malt powder or even a teaspoon of coffee for a lovely variation to your smoothie.
I often add a serving of my Bare Protein Powder to boost the smoothie.
I use Himalayan pink salt in this recipe.
I soak my dates in hot water for 10 minutes to soften them before blending.