A refreshing coffee dessert with a zesty twist, this Vietnamese Ice Coffee Jelly inspired by the famous Vietnamese Iced Tea is an explosion of flavours and textures and brings the wow factor to a dinner party.
For the espresso jelly
- 120ml Nespresso Arpeggio Decaffeinato (3 X Decaf Arpeggio Grand Crus extracted as 40ml espresso each)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder
For the sweet milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
For the topping
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 40ml Nespresso Arpeggio Decaffeinato
- zest of 1 lime
- Prepare the jelly by mixing the hot coffee, maple syrup and gelatin in a small glass jug until gelatin is dissolved. Strain coffee mixture into a clean 10cm square plastic container. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set. Cut jelly into small 2cm cubes.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk in a jug with a spoon until smooth.
- To assemble the dessert, divide coffee jelly equally into four 200ml capacity footed glasses. Pour over equal quantity of sweet milk in all the four glasses. Divide the crushed ice between the glasses. Top with a drizzle of the espresso and garnish with lime zest. Serve with a spoon.
If you don’t have a coffee machine, you can substitute with regular brewed strong coffee in the quantities mentioned.