- 2 X 250g packs Tilda Pure Basmati steamed rice (approximately 3 cups cooked rice)
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 corn cob, roasted and kernels removed
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- To serve – avocado slices, lime wedges, pico de gallo, queso dip
Cook Tilda Pure Basmati Rice in the microwave as per the packet instructions. Place cooked rice in a medium bowl and fluff up with a fork.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan (or a large frying pan) on medium. Add garlic, onion and jalapeno. Sauté for a couple of minutes until onion starts to caramelize.
Add the cooked rice, corn, black beans, paprika, cumin, oregano, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper. Mix well. Sauté for a couple of minutes until heated through. Adjust seasoning as required. Add coriander leaves. Mix and remove from heat.
Serve in a large bowl topped with avocado slices and lime wedges. Top with pico de gallo * and queso dip**.
* Pico de gallo is a tomato based fresh salsa made with chopped tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime, coriander and salt.
**A queso dip is a Mexican cheese dip flavoured with chillies and spices.
The salad can also be topped with store bought salsa, hot sauce and freshly grated mild cheese if you don’t have the time to make pico de gallo or queso dip.