A large jar of classic homemade pesto made extra green with pistachios and kale renders this beautiful salad of fresh Spring market produce into a feast for the senses. Topped with a hand knotted Burrata cheese that creates a creamy dressing when cut through, this salad is super easy to put together and an utterly delicious use of the spiralizer.
- 8 large zucchinis, spiralized or julienned into noodles
- 250g mixed cherry, baby roma and grape tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 2 large handful of mixed salad leaves (rocket, endive, beetroot)
- 3 hand knotted burrata cheese
- zest of 2 lemons, to serve
for the green pesto
- 3 large bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 large kale leaf, trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (50g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (30g) pistachios
- 1/2 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the pesto in the bowl of a small food processor and process briefly until coarsely chopped. Scoop and store in a glass jar in the fridge until ready to use. I like to top my pesto filled glass jar with a bit of extra olive oil so the pesto layer on top doesn’t go dark.
- Place zucchini, tomatoes, spinach and salad leaves in a very large bowl. Add all of the pesto and gently toss to mix evenly. Serve on two platters topped with Burrata cheese and lemon zest.