Give me a spectacular cocktail with a bit of dramatic flair and I am your girl Friday! The Leo in me loves the theatre that unfolds on the table when you are presented with an interactive cocktail or dessert for a special occasion. For my third recipe collaboration with Baileys, I decided to combine all these ideas and emotions into a cocktail shake with a flaming marshmallow atop a layer of creamy foam and hot chocolate fudge sauce.
Let this easy but stunning cocktail invoke scenes from an après ski bar, snowflakes drifting lazily, a slow fire crackling, ambient music dotting the clink of glassware and the gentle murmur of conversation. Imagine being served with this glorious winter shake in a tall footed glass. Imagine the bartender placing a couple of marshmallows on top and then flaming them with a blowtorch! The smell of toasted marshmallows is just a prelude to the sweet, balanced, velvety cocktail you will sip slowly. A playful winter warmer made extra delicious with Baileys Irish Cream.
True to my muse for this cocktail, I shall be celebrating my birthday in style on the ski slopes this week. If you make this show stopping cocktail, please share your feedback and rating in the comment below. Don't forget to tag me on Instagram @cookrepublic if sharing photos. I would love to see your creations!
Note – This post is sponsored by Baileys. The recipe was created for Baileys as part of the collaboration. Thoughts, musings and feels are all mine.
Hungry For More Recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter. Check out Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see everything I share! And if you love cooking and new cookbooks, join my free Cooking Club on Facebook!
BAILEYS WINTER COCKTAIL SHAKE WITH HOT CHOCOLATE FUDGE SAUCEPrint Recipe Rate / Comment
- 1 cup (250 ml) Vanilla custard, store bought
- 2 cups (500 ml) whole milk
- ½ cup (120 ml) Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 80 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 marshmallows, to serve
- whipped cream, to serve
- Pour custard, milk and Baileys Original Irish Cream in the jug of a blender and process until smooth.
- Prepare the hot fudge sauce by melting chocolate, cream and butter in a small heavy bottomed saucepan on low heat for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat when chocolate is melted. Stir until glossy and smooth.
- To serve, pour Baileys shake in two tall 500ml capacity footed glasses. Top with whipped cream and marshmallows. Toast the marshmallows using a cooking blow torch. Drizzle with the hot fudge sauce and serve immediately.