Hungry For More Recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter. Check out Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see everything I share! And if you love cooking and new cookbooks, join my free Cooking Club on Facebook!
- olive oil for greasing
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup spring onions/shallots, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated mozzarella, for a lighter taste or cheddar (for a stronger taste)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60 g butter, melted
- dash of paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 210C. Grease 10 holes of a 1/2 cup capacity muffin tin with olive oil.
- Sift the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Add carrot, zucchini, shallots and cheese. Toss to combine until the flour coats the veggies. Make a well in the centre of the mixture. Whisk milk, eggs and melted butter in a jug and pour in the well. Using a light hand, gently fold the muffin mix with a metal spoon until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared tins and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To freeze, cool completely, slice in half, butter it, put halves back together and freeze in a ziplock bag.