This green smoothie inspired by a cocktail I once had - a creamy pineapple concoction topped with green foam is absolutely delicious and utterly healthy. A whole punnet of baby spinach leaves and an avocado form the creamy green base while lime and pineapple slices from a can add that tropical sweetness.
When pineapple is in season, I use fresh pineapple but using canned pineapple means that I can make this smoothie year round. This smoothie is super low-sugar so for my younger boy who still likes things a little bit sweet, I add a tablespoon of maple syrup or just some of the liquid from the canned pineapple. Drink up the green goodness!
Healthy Smoothies You Will Love
Hungry For More Recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter. Check out Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see everything I share! And if you love cooking and new cookbooks, join my free Cooking Club on Facebook!
GREEN PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIEPrint Recipe Rate / Comment
- 1 large avocado, peeled and destoned
- 120 g baby spinach leaves, washed and pat dried
- 4 slices, fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 whole lime, skin peeled
- 2 cups drinking coconut milk/nut milk/rice milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Process for a couple of minutes until smooth. If using fresh pineapple blend for a minute more to ensure the smoothie is smooth.
- Pour in lidded 2 X 300ml glass jars.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Avocado, spinach and pineapple in a smoothie ? Quite frankly feel like closing up work, going to the kitchen and trying it now !! After my monthly on-line groceries having arrived yesterday there is nought missing . . . shall taste and come back and no doubt praise 🙂 !!!
Hello! How much pineapple is needed for this recipe? It doesn’t appear in the ingredients list 🙁
Fixed now :). 4 thick slices of fresh pineapple or 4-5 slices of canned pineapple.
This looks great, although you don't reference the pineapple in the ingredient list. How much do you use?
thank you. I have fixed it now x