This green smoothie inspired by a cocktail I once had - a creamy pineapple concoction topped with green foam is absolutely delicious and utterly healthy. A whole punnet of baby spinach leaves and an avocado form the creamy green base while lime and pineapple slices from a can add that tropical sweetness.
When pineapple is in season, I use fresh pineapple but using canned pineapple means that I can make this smoothie year round. This smoothie is super low-sugar so for my younger boy who still likes things a little bit sweet, I add a tablespoon of maple syrup or just some of the liquid from the canned pineapple. Drink up the green goodness!
Healthy Smoothies You Will Love
Hungry For More Recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter. Check out Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see everything I share! And if you love cooking and new cookbooks, join my free Cooking Club on Facebook!
- 1 large avocado, peeled and destoned
- 120 g baby spinach leaves, washed and pat dried
- 4 slices, fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 whole lime, skin peeled
- 2 cups drinking coconut milk/nut milk/rice milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Process for a couple of minutes until smooth. If using fresh pineapple blend for a minute more to ensure the smoothie is smooth.
- Pour in lidded 2 X 300ml glass jars.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days.