A beautiful, light salad meal that is vegan and gluten-free - Green Zucchini Rice Noodles With Thai Pesto. The cover recipe from my cookbook tasty Express, with big bold, punchy Thai flavours and no cooking at all. Just make the pesto, boil the noodles, spiralize the zucchinis and mix it all up for a satisfying meal. Pesto and prepared noodles keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Hungry For More Recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter. Check out Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see everything I share! And if you love cooking and new cookbooks, join my free Cooking Club on Facebook!
- 100 g rice vermicelli noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 large zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup (80 g) crushed peanuts
- lime wedges, to serve
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
for the Thai Pesto
- 1/4 cup (40 g) raw peanuts
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 garlic clove
- 2.5 cm piece of ginger
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- For the Thai pesto, place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process to a coarse pesto consistency. Set aside.
- Place the cooled rice noodles in a large bowl and top with the zucchini. Add the pesto and toss to mix well. Top with crushed peanuts, garnish with spring onions and serve with lime wedges.