Who doesn’t love the iconic Weiss Mango And Cream bar? What if I told you that this vegan, super low sugar version tastes even better and literally takes minutes to make? Feast your eyes on the delicious Mango And Coconut Cream Pops made with lime spiked fresh mango and maple swirled coconut cream. Yum!
This popsicle is kind of like two smoothies frozen in one pop mould. I usually prep a new smoothie every morning following this tried and tested science of smoothie making. It always takes me 2-3 minutes. I often make this mango and coconut cream smoothie but decided to get cheeky and freeze it in two separate layers for my Summer workshop. It worked like a charm.
Not only does the vibrant yellow mango layer look stunning but the dusky maple tinged white layer compliments it perfectly. These are light and very refreshing. Kids love them in both smoothie and pop formats. And I am adoring this set of Zoku Classic pop moulds because it is handy, the sticks are fitted with lids, doesn’t need to be pre-frozen, un moulds like a dream and is a breeze to clean.
If you are after some more treats in the classic mango-coconut flavour combination, don’t forget to have a peek at my Mango Coconut Rice Pudding (yes, you lucky ducks in the Northern hemisphere. I envy your cool weather!) and a Mango Coconut Semifreddo which is quite frankly the bomb.
Hope you enjoy this really simple dessert idea. If you don’t have pop moulds, just layer it in wide mouth jars/glasses for an instant pudding fix. Don’t forget to rate the recipe below and share your creations with me on Instagram using #cookrepublic
MANGO AND COCONUT CREAM POPS
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 1 ripe fresh mango, cubed (I used Kensington Pride)
- juice of 1 small lime
- 1 400g can coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder/extract
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place frozen and fresh mango in the jar of a high powered blender along with the lime juice. Process until smooth and thick.
- Spoon the mango mixture into pop moulds until 2/3rds full.
- Place coconut cream, vanilla powder and maple syrup in the unwashed jug and process briefly until just blended.
- Pour this coconut mixture gently over the mango mixture in the moulds until the designated fill line.
- Gently push paddle pop sticks down the middle of the moulds.
- Cover with a lid if the moulds have one and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve pops, hold each mould until hot running water for a few seconds and dislodge the popsicle from the mould carefully while holding on to the paddle stick.