A brilliant recipe to use up the last of the season’s strawberries that might not be the best. Vegan Strawberry Milkshake that tastes just like strawberry ice cream and is packed with lots of protein!
A Vegan Milkshake That Tastes Like Ice Cream
When I was little, a soft pink strawberry ice cream made with fresh juicy strawberries that you could still see speckled through the creamy ice cream was one of my favourite flavours at the ice cream parlour! Candy pink, with that sweet smell of strawberries. Yum! This Vegan Milkshake is all that but has the added goodness of nuts and the lightness of non-dairy milk. Plus, it packs in the strawberry department. I love making it with Nutty Bruce’s unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk. Bonsoy also makes a creamy, luscious milkshake but I prefer this brand of soy milk over the rest.
When strawberries aren’t their best, this Strawberry Milkshake makes the most of their flavour with maple syrup and vanilla. But when they are in season, boy oh boy does this milkshake take on a whole new meaning. Don’t know if it will bring all the boys to your yard but it is bloody darned delicious! And healthy to boot. Can’t beat that!
- 500 g fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 3 cups (750 ml) Nut Milk/Coconut & Nut Milk/Soy Milk
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in the jug of a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Fill in 3 X 325ml lidded glass jars. Will keep fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.