If you made and loved these sensational overnight blackberry oats, then you will absolutely love this lighter but more decadent blackberry chia pudding. It is one of the quickest things you could whip up for either breakfast or dessert and you will become addicted. I promise!
I am constantly looking at creating delicious and exciting chia pudding flavours. And I’ve got some interesting ones on the blog – matcha chia pudding and ginger chia pudding. And I’ve got heaps more that I haven’t blogged about – gingerbread, mango and lime and chocolate! But today, I am sharing one of my favourite – blackberry chia pudding. Inspired by the popular overnight oats recipe on my blog, I created a lighter, vegan version with chia and it is every bit as delicious as the original.
The recipe is super simple. Just blend the frozen fruit with coconut milk and sweetener in the blender. Mix with chia seeds and allow to set in the fridge. Done! If you have just five minutes, make this and come breakfast, you’ll be thanking yourself.
I hope you enjoy this really simple recipe. It is not only delicious but has so many health benefits. Blackberries are especially known to reduce menstrual symptoms and ease cramps. They are also great for your teeth, brain, bones and immune system. So go ahead, make yourself a beautiful jewel-toned cup of chia pudding and reap the benefits! x
- 1 cup (130g) frozen or fresh blackberries
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk or drinking coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- Place blackberries, milk, yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla in the jug of a blender.
- Process until thoroughly blended.
- Place chia seeds in a medium glass container. Pour the blackberry puree over the chia seeds. Mix well. Cover with a lid and allow to set in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours before eating.
- Will keep well in the fridge for up to five days.
You need 3 tablespoons of chia seeds for every 1 cup of liquid. This recipe produces 2 cups of liquid, so we add 6 tablespoons chia seeds for the perfect chia pudding consistency.
Use coconut yoghurt for a vegan version.