Whether you are trying to throw together a quick lunch or boosting your vegetarian dinner with protein, canned chickpeas are a lifesaver. This humble pantry staple is perfect for making easy chickpea recipes in an instant. It is as simple as opening a can.
- 🥫 Why use canned chickpeas?
- 🍽️ 17 Easy Chickpea Recipes
- 🌿 Chopped Falafel Salad
- 🌿 Chickpea Veggie Burger
- 🌿 Moroccan Chickpeas
- 🌿 Chana Masala (Indian Chickpea Curry)
- 🌿 Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Chickpeas And Quinoa
- 🌿 Chickpea Chaat Salad
- 🌿 Chickpea Chilli Pasta With Sourdough Crumb
- 🌿 Pumpkin And Chickpea Korma Curry
- 🌿 Roasted Sweet Potato And Harissa Chickpea Salad
- 🌿 Caramelized Cauliflower Hummus
- 🌿 Not Really Jennifer Aniston Salad
- 🌿 Super Green Falafels
- 🌿 Beetroot Hummus
- 🌿 Smashed Chickpea Spinach Sandwich
- 🌿 Silverbeet Chickpea Curry
- 🌿 Moroccan Chickpea Cauliflower Salad
- 🌿 Falafel Spiced Chickpea Flatbreads
- 💛 More Easy Chickpea Recipes To Love
🥫 Why use canned chickpeas?
If you want to make easy chickpea recipes in an instant, the humble and mighty chickpea can is your best friend. Here is why you should be using canned chickpeas for everyday cooking,
- Canned chickpeas are cheap, economical and last for a long time in your pantry.
- They are a convenient and healthy source of added protein when you need it the most.
- They require no cooking as they are pre-cooked and can be used straight from the can.
- They are free of additives and nasties.
🍽️ 17 Easy Chickpea Recipes
If you are after lip-smackingly delicious options for lunches, dinners and snacks, my easy chickpea recipes are the only inspiration you need. Here are some delicious things you can whip up,
- Unique chickpea salad packed with veggies and luscious dressings.
- Popular chickpea curries bursting with aroma and flavour.
- Healthy chickpea veggie burgers and chickpea falafels for lunch boxes.
- Easy chickpea pasta for quick dinners.
- The evergreen hummus for a delicious healthy snack.
✅ Delicious Member Chickpea Recipes
If you haven't signed up and explored "Live More Veg" my exclusive online vegetarian Substack newsletter for members, you are seriously missing out! Every week, I send out delicious (triple-tested!) and exciting veggie packed recipes straight to your inboxes. These recipes are wildly popular and very loved. Make sure you subscribe and sign up for membership here!
This incredibly delicious smashed chickpea sandwich is packed with whole and ground spices, aromatics, spinach, herbs and tahini. Textural and creamy, it is like a veggie burger without having to make the patty. Perfect for school and work lunches!
If you want to make your home smell like a fancy Indian restaurant, make this! An authentic Indian chickpea recipe, this gorgeous Silbverbeet Chickpea Curry is packed with an incredible array of spices and is heaven in every mouthful. An excellent recipe to use a whole bunch of silverbeet.
A healthy, warming salad bursting with Mediterranean flavours, the Moroccan Chickpea Cauliflower Salad has roasted cauliflower tossed in a sweet and sour dressing with tangy preserved lemons, sweet cranberries and nutty pistachios. Another easy chickpea recipe for your midweek lunch.
A delicious one-tray oven recipe for my weeknight favourite Falafel Spiced Chickpeas that I use to make these crispy flatbreads - almost like a Middle Eastern Pizza. The chickpeas are mouthy, aromatic and bursting with wonderfully exotic flavours. The roasted truss tomatoes provide the perfect burst of sweet umami this savoury dish needs.